THIS ALIEN TRIPOD INVASION IS NO HOAX.
Over 100 years ago, H.G. Wells prophesized an alien Martian attack of Earth in his novel, “War of the Worlds.” Guglielmo Marconi had yet to produce the first wireless “radio.” Actor Orson Welles had yet to dramatize excerpts of Wells’ novel in a the radio “news flash,” scaring the bejeezus out of the Northeast Coast populace. Wells’ early science fiction fright was of an invading Martian force arriving in death ray deploying mechanical Tripods.
With science often being stranger than fiction, a new beetle-like Tripod invades just in time for Halloween. There is no need to call the super exterminator or Men in Black. For this alien bears tidings of friendship towards human hearing.
At least that is what Roadblazing.com surmised when the Gravastar compact wireless speaker, by Zoeao, arrived at our doors.
IN THE BOX:
- Gravastar rechargeable wireless speaker
- AUX cable
- USB-C to USB 2.0 cable
- User Manual
- $129 USD – Limited time 48 day price then increasing to an M.S.R.P. of $249.00 USD
- Bluetooth version 5.0 ∼ 15 meters
- Format support: MP3, SBC, AAC
- Daisy chain with other wireless speakers
- Component drivers: 70 mm full range x 1, 80 mm subwoofer x 1
- Batteries: 4000 mAh Li-Ion, rechargeable
- Playback time: up to 16 hours
- Charge time:
- Touch green LED volume bar
- User manual w/ illustrative pictures
- DAC: Kalimba HQ
- Power rating: 15 Watts peak
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Sensitivity 95 dB
- Frequency response: N.L.
- Weight: 1.6kg (3.53lb)
- Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 16 cm
- Power-up speaker, Bluetooth indicator will flash on back
- Activate Bluetooth on wireless source, then Search for Devices
- Locate Gravastar in Device list, then select Connect
- Top – LED touch volume panel
- Top Rear Center – Hold to turn on/off; Press to pause/play audio
- Top Rear Left – Press to turn on lights
- Top Rear Right – Hold to pair multiple Gravastar speakers
- Wireless Audio Source: Google-HTC Pixel 2, w/ Google supplied USB-C dongle
- Music Selections
- “Dreams” – Bensound.com – Tight synthesizer funk
- “Lay It On the Line” – Triumph – Rik Emmett falsettos and rapid riffs.
- “Otherside” – Red Hot Chilli Peppers – snappy Chad Smith percussion, blues-y Kiedis vocals
- “Can’t Get You Out of My Head” – Kylie Minogue – light-as-air vocals
- Raised spherical-shape enhances sound dispersion
- Feet improve resonance isolation
- Impressive volume
- Generous free air subwoofer movement enhances bass
- String sustain
- -1 Distant vocals
- -1 Bass emphasis
DEVICE USE IMPRESSIONS:
- Simple Bluetooth pairing
- Simple Unplug and Play use
- Feet retract for storage
- Reasonably light and compact
- Irridescent Green ambient light
- -1 Not all weather / marine suitable
- -1 Occasional driver to shell resonance
- -1 Occasional Bluetooth signal interruption
- Can you live with the Radioactive Alien Toy look?
- Delivers sound comparable to better known wireless speaker brands
- Initially available only through Kickstarter crowdfunding
- This alien form comes as friend towards human hearing
Interested consumers can take advantage of the $129.00 introductory pricing for Gravastar portable bluetooth speaker, by Zoeao, through the Kickstarter marketplace crowdfunding. There is also the opportunity to register for a free giveaway.
****The manufacturer provided a courtesy sample of the product used in this review. Roadblazing.com makes no warranty representations other than those by the manufacturer.****